Monday, March 21, 2011

In like a lamb... and then it snowed.... AGAIN.

We took the big boys out of school Friday to fully enjoy the last day of my Spring Break. So much for calling it "Spring" since technically the change in seasons missed my vacation by a couple days, but the weather cooperated beautifully and it was 60-70 degrees and a gorgeous sunny day. We had planned to go to the Museum of Science (and we did and we enjoyed it), but the boys were pining to be outside in the sun so we had to agree. We just walked along the river by the museum which proved to be just as much fun out in the sun as it had been inside. As usual, it is amazing how the kids don't really need anything expensive or material to find something to amuse and astound them.

What's that black thing I keep chasing around? Oh, it's my shadow. And I finally get to meet it because the SUN IS OUT!!

Liam's response to the sunshine: full-throttle basking.

Sadie longed to jump in the water and swim with the geese. I saved her from the edge more times than I could count. She's a little devil when she gets to break out of her stroller prison.

Colin was thrilled to pose in front of a Naboo Fighter. This model was used in one of his favorite Star Wars movies, I think it was Part I: The Phantom Menace, but I'd have to consult the local expert himself to be sure.

It was imperative that I get a photo that showed R2D2 (on top) and Little Anakin (inside the cockpit).

Colin's class at school is in the process of watching some caterpillars morph into butterflies. They're still inside their cocoons at this stage, but that didn't stop him from taking a ton of great photos of some full-fledged butterflies in the Butterfly Garden. He can't wait to take his shutterfly photos into school and show them off! If you click on the collage, you can see them in greater detail.

Today, alas, it is snowing again, and two more kids are throwing up... but we're going to try to forget all that and wish for more spring!

No comments: